100g Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) 90% TG
Along with sodium hydroxide (NaOH), this colorless solid is a prototypical strong base. It has many industrial and niche applications, most of which exploit its corrosive nature and its reactivity toward acids. An estimated 700,000 to 800,000 tonnes were produced in 2005. About 100 times more NaOH than KOH is produced annually. KOH is noteworthy as the precursor to most soft and liquid soaps, as well as numerous potassium-containing chemicals.
- As a strong solvent for dissolving Plant Growth Regulators into solution
- Hydrogen Generator experiments
- Soap Production
- Sailors Soap (Saltwater Soap, Great for Camping and Fishing) - If containing a KOH base, a soap can be used and lathered in saltwater, unlike standard soap that only lathers in fresh water.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces
- Taxidermy - Removal of hair from leather
- Niche Applications
- Petroleum refineries -Potassium hydroxide is also used in petroleum and natural-gas refining for removal of organic acids and sulfur compounds.
- Resomation (Chemical Cremation) - Entomologists wishing to study the fine structure of insect anatomy may use a 10% aqueous solution of KOH to apply this process.
- Semiconductor chip fabrication
- Certain Preshave and Shaving Creams contain KOH to soften and weaken hair cuticles for a softer shave.
1N (50mL-100mL) | Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) 90% TG | Instant
- Brand: Archon Gnosis
- Product Code: 1
- Reward Points: 5
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $0.00
- Price in reward points: 50
Tags: Electrolyte, Solvent, pH, Alkaline, Acid, Potash, KOH, Potassium Hydroxide, Base, Basic, Gardening, Soap, Chemistry, Chemical, Chemicals, Supplies, Seeds, Plant, Growth, Hormones, Regulators, PGR's, Crystals, Powder, Experiment, Taxidermy, Biodiesel, Cleaning, Disinfecting, Hydrogen, Generator, Resomation, Shaving, Shave, Entomology, Insects